I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Happy Birthday, Father Brother of Mine!



Today is the birthday of one of my older brothers, Fr. Brotherofdadwithnoisykids. He is a parish priest in Virginia.







It is a tremendous blessing for my wife and children and I to have a priest in the family. We know that he is praying for us, and our sons have the opportunity to see a priest up close and to have a better understanding of the vocation to the priesthood.







Father gets the opportunity to see original sin in progress, as my children go through the ordinary events of the day. He also gets to see just how much his nieces and nephews resemble his brother. I have to mention, though, that I was always the quiet and introspective child, while HE was referred to as the wildman. It is funny how things have ended up...


I am confident we give him a lot of inspiration for sermons.

He introduced me to the Divine Office....look where it has led me:





Please pray for all priests, especially for my brother on his birthday. And please pray for more men to heed the call to serve God at the altar. Let's add a few more statues to this collection:





No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member