I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Priest Gone


On Easter Sunday, Fr. Mary Philip Wurth, OCD, died.


We knew him from our time in San Antonio, Texas, where Fr. Mary Philip was at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Shrine and Basilica.
He was a good priest, a good confessor, and gave great homilies. He had a condition which caused his neck to be bent all the time - ankylosing spondylitis is my guess - but it did not keep him from fulfilling his duties. I think the picture above is him washing feet on some Holy Thursday long ago.
The past few years he was confined to a wheelchair. That is where he was the last time we saw him. He used to be in charge of cleaning up garbage around the Basilica, and used to use a weed-eater expertly, but all that work is ended for him.
Please pray for the repose of this good priest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the best way to remember a good priest is to pray for Vocations EVERY time you remember him. We've added a prayer for Vocations to our grace before meals.

love the blog-

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member