I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Clowns Scare Me More

I wrote about a run-in with a muppet recently.

Yesterday, I was besieged by clowns. I was on my way to give a lecture when I saw a group of clowns dressed up as doctors walking down a hall toward me. There was no staircase to bolt down, so I dove into the nearest bathroom and locked myself in.

Why were there clowns in the hall? Why were there clowns dressed as doctors? Why would doctors walk around looking like doctors outside of a hospital? It made no sense. Maybe they were real doctors? Maybe they just looked funny, you know, naturally.

Within a few minutes, my heart stopped beating so fast, and my breathing didn't seem so labored. Why do clowns scare me so? Maybe it is their painted faces, hiding something sinister beneath. I shuddered. I didn't want to think about it. I couldn't hear anything in the hall, so I thought I would take a peek.

Slowly, I turned the door handle, and inched the door open. Coast was clear, so I pushed the door fully open. There they were, behind it, suddenly yelling SURPRISE! and spraying me with silly string.

Maybe the technique of suddenly exposing someone to the thing they fear really works. I don't know. Anyways, the students paid a bit more attention to me this time, seeing as I was covered with silly string.

dadwithnoisykids

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member