I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ten Years After

Today we celebrate our tenth anniversary of living in Texas. The past ten years have gone by fast, and have been a tremendous blessing to us.

There are some highlights that I think of immediately, like the trip down to San Antonio and how the Air Force billeting people set aside two rooms for our whole family to use - on separate sides of the building.

The addition of enough noisykids so that we have as many Texas Children as Michigan Children. The sad loss of one little Rose in San Antonio, and the prayer that God will bless us with more Texans.

The blessing of our hearts growing together over the years, and the realization that my beloved wife is more precious to me every day.

The hard decision to move to the Dallas area, and the tremendous blessings for our family that resulted from the move.

The prayers that I not be separated from my family for a long deployment while on active duty; something I credit in part to the intervention of now-Blessed Charles de Foucauld.

I could go on and on, but the hour is late. In the future I will review a book about Charles de Foucauld, who was recently beatified.

God has been so generous to us. We all give thanks to God for His love and mercy.

dadwithnoisykids

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member