I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Monday, April 30, 2007

Food for Thought About Love


Actually, I got this off of a blog run by a friend of my oldest daughter.

BE SATISFIED WITH ME

Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone,
To have a deep soul relationship with another,
To be loved thoroughly and exclusively.

But to a Christian, God says, "No, not until you are satisfied,
Fulfilled and content with being loved by me alone,
With giving yourself totally and unreservedly to me.
With having an intensely personal and unique relationship with me
alone.

Discovering that only in me is your satisfaction to be found,
Will you be capable of the perfect human relationship,
That I have planned for you.

You will never be united to another
Until you are united with me.
Exclusive of anyone or anything else. Exclusive of any other desires or
longings.
I want you to stop planning, to stop wishing, and allow me to give you
The most thrilling plan existing . . . one you cannot imagine.
I want you to have the best.

Please allow me to bring it to you.
You just keep watching me, expecting the greatest things.
Keep experiencing the satisfaction that I am.
Keep listening and learning the things that I tell you.
Just wait, that's all.

Don't be anxious, don't worry
Don't look around at things others have gotten
Or that I have given them
Don't look around at the things you think you want,
Just keep looking off and away up to me,
Or you'll miss what I want to show you.
And then, when you're ready, I'll surprise you with a love
Far more wonderful than you could dream of.
You see, until you are ready, and until the one I have for you is
ready,
I am working even at this moment
To have both of you ready at the same time.
Until you are both satisfied exclusively with me
And the life I've prepared for you,
You won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your
relationship
with me.
And this is perfect love.

And, dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love.
I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with me.
And to enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union
Of beauty, perfection and love that I offer you with Myself.
Know that I love you utterly.
For I am God. Believe it and be satisfied.


~ St. Anthony of Padua


Respondio:


This is a great lesson for our children, especially as they go through adolescence, and as they discern their vocations. Consider that someone who follows St. Anthony de Padua's advice will end up with the greatest, most perfect companion: Our Lord. In that way, if no spouse shows up to be the one to 'be loved thoroughly and exclusively,' he will realize that no man or woman is necessary when he has a close friendship with Christ.


In my own case, God has seen fit to run this backwards. The good God was kind to me, and sent me a wonderful wife while I was(and still am) sorting out my love for God. Wifeofdadwithnoisykids is a good example to me of how loving God enables a woman to love a man like dadwithnoisykids.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that; I really needed to hear/read that.

Anonymous said...

Could you send that to me . Mom with 17 quiet kids

Anonymous said...

Hi DWK,

How many girls/boys & what are their ages? Just wondering..mine are listed on my profile..
God bless

dadwithnoisykids said...

look for them on the new and improved profile!

Anonymous said...

There are 4 girls and 8 boys.

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member