More like cake than I wanted, but you can see the Noisykids enjoyed it...recipe to follow later.
Granulated sugar: ½ cup
Honey: 1 cup
Salt: pinch - just a pinch.
Baking Powder: 2T
Bread flour: 3 ¾ cup
Corn meal: 1 cup
Eggs, large: 4
Milk: 1 ½ cup
Salad oil: 1/3 cup
1. Combine first seven ingredients and 1 cup of the milk.
2. Mix on low speed until moist.
3. Add remainder of milk and salad oil.
4. Mix until combined.
5. Spoon into well-greased muffin tins or into one 9” x 13” pan
6. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
7. If baking in the pan, bake for longer and test center for ‘doneness’
8. Yields 24 muffins.
Adapted from Family Favorites Cookbook, by Ana Maria Boza
from the Opus Dei retreat House in Pembroke, MA
I am very unhappy that our Priest did not allow an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. I shall write him a letter of complaint.