I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Deep thought from a shallow mind

There are several discussions going on at other blogs about NFP.

As I sit here at work, I can't help but think that in 1,000 years, when
people look back at these times, there will be no mention of those who
used NFP, or that the world was a better place because they used their
knowledge of physiology to regulate, space, or eliminate the number of
children that they brought into the world.

I would guess that those who brought children into the world and worked
their tails off to raise them, in the process becoming an example of
service and sacrifice to their children, will be the anonymous 'parents'
of those who one day will be elevated to the status of Saint.

But what do I know?

All I know is that if my in-laws had stopped after 9 children, I would
have been denied the presence of my closest friend, my companion in
marriage, and a woman who wants no more than to serve God, her husband,
and her children.

But then again, what do I know?

3 comments:

antonia said...

you're right; what do we know of God's calling to each person, or what He desires from each person.

we don't.

Each person can only try their best to fulfil what they believe God is calling them to do; with love and generosity and keeping in-line with the Church's teaching

(...which teaches NFP as being acceptable)

JimmyV said...

Wow. I never thought to take the longview like you did in this post. I shall have to ruminate on the implications of NFP so far into the future.

antonia said...

sorry, my first line should (obviously) say:

we DON'T know God's calling to each person...etc

Gb

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member