I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Four Saints, One Blessed, and One Should-be Saint Meme

Here is my Meme, courtesy of Histor the Wise, Newhousenewjob, and someone at
Catholic Dads Blog whose name I can't recall - UPDATE: HERE IS THE GUY WHO SHOTGUNNED THE CATHOLIC DADS FOR THIS MEME.

My favorite saints are as follows:

Saint Joseph – model for fathers and for those who work to support a family.
He is the ideal example for fathers: chaste, hardworking, quiet, ready to
do what is necessary for the good of his family.

The Death of St. Joseph:




The Celestial Physicians – Saints Luke, Cosmas and Damian, Panteleon, and
Joseph Moscati. They are ancient colleagues of mine, and I pray to them for
assistance in my work.

St. Luke:


Saints Cosmas and Damian:

St. Panteleon:

St. Joseph Moscati:




Saint Augustine – He is an inspiration because he describes my own spiritual
struggle – knowing what the right thing to do is, but just not able to do it
– and his victory over it. His request for prayers for his deceased mother
is a touching inspiration.




My Celestial Lawyers – St Francis de Sales and St. Thomas More – Every
doctor needs a good lawyer, and these two have helped me with legal issues –
nothing serious or scandalous, folks. What is interesting is that all of
their responses have included the statement 'Neither St. Francis nor St.
Thomas is certified by the Texas Board of Attorneys.'






One Blessed:




Blessed Miguel Pro – Mexican Priest, died extending his arms, facing the
firing squad without a blindfold, shouting 'Viva Christo Rey!' I hope to be
as united with Our Lord at the moment of my death. We know this is how
Miguel pro died because his executioners photographed his execution. They
also photographed him praying before his execution.




One Should-be Saint




Thomas a Kempis – Author of The Imitation of Christ, one of my favorite
spiritual reading books. Also rumored to have been buried alive, but this
is not verified. The cause for his beatification fizzled out with the death
of the Cardinal who was leading it.




Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member