I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Various Lenten Reflections

Oremus!

Please pray for our friend Denise who is not felling well. I think my recent experiences have prompted a lot of people to have their blood pressure checked. After they get it checked, they e-mail me with comments such as:

"I just went skydiving with my hair on fire and landed on a porcupine, and my blood pressure was 115/53!"

That makes me feel soooooo good.




Ice Cream as Medication

I am serious about this. We have been praying for more children, but God knows that we can't just sit around waiting for Him to do all the work. So we have discovered another dietary supplement for increasing our chances of having another Noisykid or three. See what I am talking about at Our Magnum Opus. My wife went to the store as soon as she heard about this medical breakthrough.





Sitemeter as Ego-booster

I like to look at Sitemeter(better known as ego-booster), particularly the 'Referrals,' to see how people find my blog.


There is no thrill like that of seeing my blog listed in the top ten of 184,678 references for Scorpion Duck Marmalade Alabama.




Sometimes I find things more interesting than my own blog, like Camel Spiders.

They sound as if they are more fierce than scorpions.

Here is one:


Creepy.




On a better note:



You[Jesus], however, did not stop with this[dying for love of us], but foreseeing all that would happen across 19 centuries from the moment of these outpourings of your love to my appearance on earth, you desired to make provision even for this! Your heart was not satisfied that I should be nourished only with a memory of your infinite love. You remained in this vale of tears in the most holy and singularly miraculous Sacrament of the Altar!

St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe






Eucharistic Procession at St. William Catholic Church
Greenville, Texas

4 comments:

Mulier Fortis said...

"I just went skydiving with my hair on fire and landed on a porcupine, and my blood pressure was 115/53!"

Ok, this might cheer you up... I had a light anaesthetic a few years ago (for an arthroscopy) and my BP went up to 150/130...

...I was not a well bunny. Do I get a prize?

dadwithnoisykids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dadwithnoisykids said...

A light anesthetic may have caused your high blood pressure.

I EASILY beat your blood pressure.

Mulier Fortis said...

No "might have caused" about it... I wasn't allowed home from hospital until it went down, and I had a headache for a week.

If yours was even higher, then congratulations on your survival!!
;-)

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member