I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Spiritual Exercises of Dadwithnoisykids


A day in the life of the Noisykids:


Morning prayers - time varies. During Lent, we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary along with Morning Prayers.


Angelus at Noon, along with the 'God the Father' prayer found at the St. William the Confessor website - it is down at the moment. Here it is from our computer:


This is A Prayer to God the Father Inspired by the Writings of St.Therese

+ In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Jesus says in Saint John’s Gospel: “Whatever you ask the Father in My Name, it will be granted to you.”(Jn 16:23). With full confidence in the Truth of Jesus, I turn in Prayer to You, God my Father.
God the Father, in the Name of Jesus, send me the Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit, come into my Life - from the tips of my toes to the top of my head.
Holy Spirit come into my very being. Holy Spirit come into every part of me.

Holy Spirit I ask You to come into my thoughts, my mind, my will, and my imagination.
Holy Spirit I ask You to come into my emotions, my feelings, my senses, and my appetites.
Holy Spirit I ask You to come into my desires, my inclinations, my actions, and my reflexes.

Holy Spirit I ask You to come into every part of my memory.

Holy Spirit I ask You to come into my habits, my attractions, my tendencies, and my convictions.
Holy Spirit I ask You to come into my impulses, my dispositions, my moods, & my outlook on life.
Holy Spirit I ask You to come into every part of me and “whatever” You find in me that is not in complete accord with Your Divine Plan for me, then I totally surrender it all to You, Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit, please take it all away and in its place, fill me with Your Divine Presence.

AREAS OF PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Holy Spirit, come into ALL of the areas concerning my personal development.
Holy Spirit, come into my physical development.
Holy Spirit, come into my spiritual development.
Holy Spirit, come into my emotional development.
Holy Spirit, come into my social development.
Holy Spirit, come into my intellectual development.
Holy Spirit, come into my moral development.
Holy Spirit come into every aspect of my personal development and should You find me in any of these areas at a level of development “lower” than where it is proper that I should be, then
Holy Spirit, in Your Great Charity, by tomorrow, please raise me up to the next level.

DOUBLES
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my hunger and thirst for Holiness.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my hunger and thirst for Prayer.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my Faith, Hope and Charity.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my patience.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my confidence and trust in Divine Providence.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my love and appreciation for the Blessed Virgin Mary and for
her beautiful Prayer which is the Most Holy Rosary.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my desire to live the 10 Commandments
and renew this desire in me with every beat of my heart.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my spirit of generosity and self-sacrifice
so that I may more perfectly imitate Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my ability to look at other people O-N-L-Y as you see them.
Allow lust to have no part of me.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my desire and my ability to forgive my enemies and persecutors.
Each day urge me to pray that these people will be blessed abundantly by being led to the Truth.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, allow me to pray this Prayer twice as well tomorrow as I am praying it today.

Holy Spirit, come into my Prayer Life and by tomorrow, double my sensitivity to Your
Divine Guidance.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my love for Jesus’ Presence in the 7 Sacraments.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my desire to know You and to love You and to serve You until I draw
my last breath.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my ability to examine my conscience so that I may always recognize my own, personal sins. Each day double my ability to forgive others out of love for You.
Holy Spirit, give me the desire to receive often the Divine Mercy of Jesus. Help me and my family
to go to the Sacrament of Confession regularly – every week or two weeks or three weeks or as often as necessary.
Holy Spirit, guard me from ever displeasing You through mortal sin. Each day double my
distaste even for venial sin.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my ability to center my life on Jesus Christ.
Holy Spirit, by tomorrow, double my love for our Lord in the Eucharist - in Holy Communion.
Holy Spirit, grant me daily progress in meditation on the Life, Death and Resurrection of Christ
In order to prepare the spiritual foundation for the Prayer of contemplation.
Holy Spirit, come into my Prayer life and by tomorrow, double my desire for the Prayer “at the
Feet of Jesus”- which is the Prayer of Contemplation.
Holy Spirit, come into my many distractions in personal Prayer. Give me the confidence and self-assurance to know that You will always guide me through every distraction in Prayer back to You and back to my Prayer. Do not allow me to give in to the many distractions in Prayer
but allow me to see them now as opportunities for a deeper Faith in You.
Holy Spirit, strengthen my resolve. Each day double my resolve to do Your Will - ALWAYS above my own will.

Add personal intentions

And finally, Holy Spirit, I ask You to be a guard for me - a sentinel to watch over me today while I am awake or semi-conscious, even when I am asleep.
Holy Spirit I know with Faith that these requests have already been granted because Jesus has
said: “Whatever you ask the Father in My Name it will be granted to you.”
I have asked all of these things of You, God my Father, in the Name of Jesus, through the intercession of the Holy Spirit.+In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.



Rev. Paul L. Weinberger, Pastor, St. William Church/Our Lady of Fatima
Greenville, TX 75401, May 13, 2004, Feast of Our Lady of Fatima


3 p.m.: Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Prayer to the Holy Spirit, Memorare.


6 p.m.: Angelus


After Dinner: Stations of the Cross - in the interest of surviving the prayers, we omit the 'Our Father,' 'Hail Mary,' and 'Glory be.'


Bedtime: Night prayers, in the Divine Office.


Of course, this is ideal. Not all of these prayers are said according to this schedule, but we try.


On work days, I pray the Rosary and the Angelus on my drive to work. I pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy on the drive home.

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member