I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Odd Post in the Kitchen

Someone posted a cryptic message about taking over Scorpion Stalking Duck on the Noisykid Kitchen Blog.

I shall have to change the code for e-mail postings.

Rumor has it Dallas will get a new Bishop soon. We shall see. We need more bishops who are prepared to die for their people. Maybe not literally die, but rather be ready to 'die to self,' forsaking all the world offers in exchange for their souls.

I am reminded of one of Rudyard Kipling's short stories, called 'The Head of the District'(maybe Chief of the District?) where the natives yearn for a strong leader. We natives of the Dallas also yearn for a strong bishop.

Please pray for Bishop Grahmann and even more for his successor.

ADDENDUM:

- From The Head of the District, by Rudyard Kipling:

"Rest assured that the Government will send you a man!"

"Ay, ...for we also be men. And by God, Sahib, may thou be that man!"

Read the story. It is one of my favorite Kipling stories. I pray that we are sent a man to lead our diocese.

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member