I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Birthday, Wifeofdadwithnoisykids!!!!

Update: I took Wifeofdadwithnoisykids to her favorite Dallas Restaurant and then took her and our out-of town guests to the top of the Reunion Tower to look at the lights of Dallas at night. Here is a picture of the Reunion Tower:











Today is the birthday of my beautiful bride, Wifeofdadwithnoisykids.

Words cannot express the love I have for my wife, and how I thank God for her all the time.


My wife is the 10th child in her family, and I am always reminded of a story from residency many years ago:


I was scheduled to work in a gynecology operating room, where there were some tubal ligations scheduled. I went to the residency program director and explained my objections to administering the anesthetic for these procedures. He agreed to move me to a different room, and then added a comment. He said that some times, such as after a woman has had 9 children, it is desirable to sterilize a woman. I countered with the fact that my wife is the 10th, and I was glad my in-laws did not stop at 9. That ended the conversation.



I know that no matter how much I thank God for the gift of my wife, I know that it is not enough. She has been the source of so much joy and consolation in my life, and has been a blessing not only to me but to all who know her.



I love her more today than I did yesterday, but not as much as I will love her tomorrow.



She shares her birthday with the feast of St. Philip Neri:




CALL ME 'HOMIE' or 'HOMEY'

I got called 'Homie' last night by father of a patient. Not being as hip as I appear, I had to look it up to see if I were being complimented or insulted. I took it as a compliment; that I was a neighbor of sorts, a friend, to this man and his child.

So call me 'Homie' or dadwithnoisykids - I will answer to either from now on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow wonderful feast day..see our blogs!

Have tagged wife of...

My dad was the 10th child of 12..say if he hadn't been born....

Anonymous said...

maybe next time he call u DrHomie heh
so Im guessing you live in Dallas, thats cool im also a fellow Texan that lives 4+ hrs away =P

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member