I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Two Memorials



Today we recall the 7th anniversary of Fr. John Hardon, S.J. Please pray for the repose of the soul of this holy priest. While I have my opinion as to where he is, the Church has only declared him 'Servant of God.' So I will continue to pray for the repose of his soul; if he doesn't need them, I am sure he can put them to good use.

Fr. Hardon was a spiritual advisor to the Missionaries of Charity, and celebrated the private funeral Mass for Mother Theresa. His last assignment was in Detroit, and he used to counsel some families we knew. I used to tease my wife that I wish we had enough marital discord to need Fr. Hardon's advice. She didn't think it was funny....she still doesn't.


We used Fr. Hardon's name for one of the Noisykids. We hope that we can raise our children up to become holy men and women.


Yesterday was the Feast of the Holy Innocents. We named the first child we lost after the Holy Innocents: Anastasia Innocent Dadwithnoisykids. We pray to the Innocents daily.

2 comments:

Easter Almuena said...

Thank you for this post! A Blessed and Joyful New Year to you and your wonderful family!

I have Fr. Daren featured in my other blog: http://atributetoourpriests.blogspot.com/
Please say a prayer for him. I thank you!

God bless you abundantly!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year..some lovely posts..

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member