I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Ein Flug Nach Vorn


If my German is correct, that means 'a flight forward.'

Tonight I shall be starting a silent retreat at Featherock(http://www.featherock.org/). I shall keep the intentions of visitors to this blog in my prayers.

But of course I must continue to pray for one of our family's greatest intention, and incorporate it into a little 'Bad Poetry:'

Another Midnight Prayer

Heavenly Father,
hear my plea, though it is from
a selfish man's heart.

Grant us the blessing
of another child, for with
the great joy it would give us
- once again cooperate
in the act of creation
- it would also get me that
wonderful warmth that only
pregnant women generate
and resulting in lower
heating, electricity
bills in this cold north Texas
winter where my feet are froze
As I lie in bed.

Even a selfish
man's prayers are answered if it
is the Will of God.

SMD
12.04.2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will go with the bad poetry part for sure! Though the intention is the top of my Christmas list. Oh wait, I mean it is my WHOLE Christmas, Birthday, Mothers Day, and every day in between list! St.Nicholas pray for us!
Our Lady of Guadalupe pray for us!
I love you and will miss you terribly this weekend,
Though you shall be alone with your Greatest love and for that I'm truely thankful. Love and Prayers,
Yourwifethewifeofdadwithnoisykids

Anonymous said...

i think it is good poetry...happy retreat...

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member