I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Good meditation on materialism during Advent


Our friend Bridget posted some thoughts on 'stuff' on this blog HERE. We have the honor of being friends of Bridget's parents as well, and they are wonderful people who live simple lives full of charity. It is always a joy to see them.

Wifeofdadwithnoisykids pointed out that Bridget gave us the idea to only give our children 3 presents. We have done that for years and have not noticed any complaints.

One of the presents for the boys is pictured above. It was the last one at Costco and was listed at 40% of full price. One of my reasons for getting the boys this thing is so they can burn up some of their energy with it. That is also why I like going on walks with them at night - it also gives us a chance to talk about things.

1 comment:

antonia said...

wow! I bet the boys loved that!!!

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member