I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Saturday, December 01, 2007

In your charity of prayers...

This is the type of helicopter I flew in, an Augusta 109:


...please pray for the repose of the souls of three colleagues of mine who died on this day, December 1, 1994. They were the crew of an aeromedical transport team in a helicopter which crashed in Ann Arbor, Michigan.


The next day I was scheduled to fly.


There has not been a day since that I have not thought about my friends who died. In addition, it makes me pause to consider how I have wasted so much of my time on this earth. What was a tremendous wake up call has in so many ways been neglected by me over the past 13 years.


I have been blessed with the privilege of remaining 'in the game' to know, love, and serve God on earth, particularly in my vocation as husband and father. I have been blessed with a wonderful wife and a dozen living children who are mine to serve, and the privilege of caring for the sick as my means of providing for my family.


So, as I have done for the past few years on this day, and as I should be doing every day, I resolve to become a better steward of the many gifts God has given me. If I remember nothing else from the deaths of my colleagues, I should keep in mind that death may come when I least expect it, rushing at me just as the earth rushed up to meet my friends who fell from the sky.
May the souls of Richard, Janice, and Terry, and all the faithful departed, rest in peace.
St. Joseph of Cupertino, pray for us.


See last year's post if you are interested HERE

1 comment:

Easter Almuena said...

My husband's never been the same after the day Hawaii Ambulance Air crashed on the Big Island to get a patient there to transport to one of Oahu's hospitals. The men who died were all good men whose hearts knew how to love and reach out to their patients. My husband had flewn with them many times before the incident.
http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=39&id=25736

You remind me of my own husband. God bless you for your big and happy heart!

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member