I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Friday, September 22, 2006

Birthday Greetings

Today is the birthday of Frodo and Bilbo Baggins, two of the main characters of the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Series of books by J.R.R. Tolkien. My oldest Noisykid pointed this out for me, and I thank him.

I read these books rather late in life. Back in 1977, I read a book which lampooned the Ring Series, and I was turned off from reading the original books. It wasn't until the eldest noisykid started to read them that I picked the books up and read them as well.

I have not seen any of the movies based on the book, for the same reason I did not see Mel Gibson's movie of the Passion. I prefer to have my own image of what I read, and I know that the memories of a movie would override those of my own imagination. In addition, my own memories would follow the storyline in the book better than any 2-hour movie would.

This reminds me that in the future, I will include some book reviews that I have lying around the house. Long ago I had the idea of reviewing books and distributing them to folks on my e-mail list. using the blog would be a better way to get some of my reviews out there.

Please pray for the Poor Souls in Purgatory today.

dadwithnoisykids

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member