I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wednesday Thoughts


A half moon hangs low over the North Texas sky, with a touch of yellow to give it a change from the usual white color it has. By the time I wake at 5:30 a.m. it will have set, and I will have no light to guide me to my '98 Ford Explorer.

But that's not what this post is about.

As I sat here studying the ultrasound picture of Noisykid #14, I started thinking once again about the woman who carries this child in her womb. I thought of all the wonderful blessings she has brought to me - any one of which would qualify her as a wonderful wife and mother. All these thoughts prompted me to think about marriage, and what a tremendous gift it is that God gave us.

God has given me a friend unlike any other; one who knows me better than any other person on earth. She has known me since we were children, and has shared my life for more than 18 years now. She has had to deal with my moods, temper, absence, and somnolence for all these years, and yet she has stood by me. She has turned her back on the world for the sake of her children and her husband, giving all of her time and talent to caring for them.

I can only attribute her love for us is an indication of how much she loves Our Lord, because there are times that all of us(especially me) are hard to live with.

Someone once told me that I married UP - way up - when Wifeofdadwithnoisykids said 'I do' to me. I have to agree.

This little Noisykid represents the only creature I can take with me to Heaven. Long after this computer is landfill, and the words of this blog are dissipated, the souls of the Noisykids will continue for all eternity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i could attribute all you say to my husband..we have been together 27 years...we're both richly blessed with our spouses. Deo Gratias

Rebecca Frech said...

Count me in the "blessed with my spouse" column. I, too, married way up, and thank God for it daily. I thank God that he found me worthy of being my husband's wife.

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member