I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Latin Mass


Father is gearing up for celebrating the Tridentine Mass. Right now he is preparing by studying and praying as well as taking some time off to learn the way the Mass is said. He has some knowledge of the Latin Mass, since he celebrates the Novus Ordo Mass in Latin, but he a way to go.


We have to prepare as well. Specifically, we need to learn the Mass as it was said way back when I was just a little Noisykid myself.


There are a few references I will be looking at and putting on the sidebar soon:


St. John Cantius in Chicago. In addition to celebrating the Tridentine Mass, they rescue religious articles which have been discarded.


SanctaMissa.org is an online tutorial for priests for the Mass according to the 1962 Missale Romanum. This put together by St. John Cantius in Chicago.


The Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. This order runs tutorial retreats for priests who wish to learn the Tridentine Mass. Father spent a week with them last month.


This is an exciting time in the Church, especially when one compares the translation of the prayers from the Tridentine Mass to those of the Novus Ordo. It is comparing night to day. The Roman Sacristan is a good blog to compare the new prayers with the literal translations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the links!! maybe now i can learn the mass...while my noisykids are asleep. J

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member