I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Night Reflection

BANNED BLOG!!

I have been banned by this blog. I am disappointed about this because they did not label me as a home schooling blogger. Otherwise, I consider this banning to be an honor.


READ ON:

I am currently reading several books at one time:
1. The Art of War, by Sun Tzu
2. Good Discipline, Great Teens, by Dr. Ray Guarendi
3. Listen, Son, by ???
4. Jesus of Nazareth, by Pope Benedict XVI - it doesn't follow the movie as much as I thought it would....



At the same time, I am mentally preparing to review the following books:
1. One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch, by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
2. The Lawless Roads, by Graham Greene
3. The Confession of St. Patrick, by St. Patrick

I hope to have these up soon.

I am struck by a quote from The Art of War, which shows how well this book applies to any age:

"When sovereign and ministers show perversity of mind,
it is impossible even for a Sun Tzu to encounter the foe"

Sounds like something one of my favorite lawyers would say - you know, St. Thomas More.

Ah yes, St. Thomas. Soon I shall take a long stretch of just reading him - after these other books are put to rest.

5 comments:

EegahInc said...

It's been a long time since I read The Art of War, but I've actually been thinking about it this last week because of all the talk about the Church "turning back the clock". If I remember correctly, there's a number of passages in Sun Tzu's book about the occasional need to fall back and regain strength rather than blindly push forward. That's if your goal is victory of course.

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

I think I know where your homeschooling charge went. Instead of charging you they charged us. I owuld demand a correction. After all if we are going to be banned, let the charges be accurate.

BTW. Nice blog. I may add you to my 'blogroll soonish.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Check out the comment I left "Father" Tim on his blog. Hehe. I should be banned soon and then my ratings wll REALLY go up!!

I must say the pic of the Church on his site is kind of ugly...no offense meant!

Peter said...

I'm honoured to be on that 'banned' list with you and the others ;)

As I posted myself, it's too cliche'd to be for real. I think it's a clever parody. Still it's a funny read. :D

Rebecca Frech said...

Welcome to the banned blog list from another banned blogger! They need to charge me with homeschooling too, but will get around to it when they are done growing tomatoes.

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member