I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Thoughts


Happy Mothers Day!


A bit late, but it is worth mentioning.


This day was bittersweet for us, as we celebrate this day with one of our own gone.


In the middle of watching a presentation about pilgrimages to Lourdes - something I never would have considered doing if Theodore were alive - that thought made me cry. Thankfully, the light in the room was dim, and I could attribute it to 'allergies' stirred up while mowing the grass yesterday. But Wifeofdadwithnoisykids could tell, and kept rubbing my shoulder and discreetly hugging me.


By the way, this recent heartbreak has taught me to cry in silence, because the noises I make(or made) are/were so disturbing that I would just have to stop crying right away. Imagine if a male elk or moose suddenly appeared at your elbow, calling for a mate. You would button your lips in a hurry, too.


So, in the midst of dabbing the tears out of my 'allergic' eyes, the thought came to me that even though Theodore is in Heaven, he still would honor me as his father and he would obey me just as he did on earth. The thought continued, that I could ask for his intercession for anything. I shared this thought with my wife(who already knew this fact), and she started reciting a list of things she has asked Theodore to take care of.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

So touching, Mr and Mrs Dadwithnoisykids. Pray for us, Theodore! Happy Mothers Day (belated) to all of you, actually.

Easter Almuena said...

Ok, dadwithnoisykids, you are way too much! Every time I come, I laugh and cry. It is not a good mixture I don't think. Honestly, I don't know why I keep coming back to this site! :-)

Belated Happy Mother's Day to wifeofdadwithnoisykids. :-)

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member