I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Friday, August 10, 2007

Prayer to Our Lady

This is a prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation, featured in a blog entry way back when. Read about it HERE.

My confessor told me about how Mexican men always kissed the hand or hands of Our Lady of Guadalupe. It suddenly occurred to him one day that they were showing respect to Our Lady and asking her to take them by the hand.

My confessor recommended that I pray to Our Lady at the beginning of each day, asking her to lead me, to do what she has for me on her 'honey-do' list. This statue is conveniently located outside our front door, so I have started praying this prayer that I wrote below.




Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely statue & prayer!

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member