I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Monday, August 06, 2007

Why I Love Jesus Meme

But first a little music. This piece of music was composed by Bedřich Smetana, a Czech composer. This piece is known as Vltava(more commonly known as The Moldau), part of a larger work entitled Ma vlast("My Country"):







It ends abruptly. Incomplete.



I just discovered Iwas tagged by the Roman Sacristan:

Those tagged will share 5 things they love about Jesus and must tag 5 other bloggers.

Those tagged must provide a link in the comments box here with their name so that others can read them.

Here goes:

1. Jesus died for us, opening Heaven to us.

2. Jesus gave us the perfect example of what He wanted us to do. Look at a Crucifix.

3. He gave us His precious Body and Blood for us to eat - to nourish our souls.

4. He called men so unworthy to head His Church on Earth. His first choice for Pope had gone so far as to betray Him, but Jesus forgave Peter and strengthened Him to lead the early Church. I share many of Peter's failings, so it is a source of consolation to me knowing that Jesus put so much trust in him.

5. Jesus must have had a sense of humor. Think of the time He ordered one of the Apostles to catch a fish to pay the temple tax. In the mouth of the fish he would find a coin. I can't help but think that Jesus was doing it for fun, nudging the closest Apostle, saying, 'Watch this!'


Now comes the hard part:

I tag

1. EEGAHINC at the B-Movie Catechism. Memes are not part of his format, but think of this as a plug for his blog.

2. Our friend Bridget at Our Magnum Opus.

3. Histor the Wise, my son, at Est Puzzlementum.

4. Raulito at Disciple of the Dumb Ox. I know he is busy, but his opinions are worth reading.

5. Antonia, who is exploring North America.


I was planning on publishing a review of this play and movie, but it will have to wait for some other day:


4 comments:

Roman Sacristan said...

The Paul Scoffield version is definitely great. The situation of Saint Thomas More is frighteningly similar to today's political environment.

EegahInc said...

Thanks for the plug. Here's my take on the meme. http://b-moviecat.blogspot.com/2007/08/intermission.html
Just remember, you asked for it.)

antonia said...

heya! Thanks for the tag! Once I have recovered from the jet-lag I will do it!

God Bless
xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me on this meme. I apologize that it took some time.

http://angelicdoctor.blogspot.com/2007/08/why-i-love-jesus-meme.html

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member