I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Friday, February 09, 2007

Patron Saint of the Moment

Saint Ulrich



Born 890 in Canton Zurich, died 983 in Austria. Bishop. Patron Saint of dizziness and vertigo.

I have taken him for my Patron Saint of the Moment, since I am experiencing vertigo.

I can see several connections with this saint:

1. I lived for a year in Canton Zurich when I was a child.

2. The main bookstore at the University of Michigan was called Ulrich's.

3. There is a story that St. Ulrich gave a goose leg to a messenger, and the goose leg turned into a fish on Friday(he is pictured with a fish). This goes along with a joke I love about a convert to the Faith who is found 'baptizing' a piece of meat with gravy, intoning, 'you are now a trout.' Since we observe not eating meat on Friday year-round, I sometimes joke about doing this with chicken or beef.

4. He is also the patron Saint against mice, and we have cats to limit the mouse invasions.

Saint Ulrich, Bishop, native of a beautiful part of Switzerland, pray for us.

Now an unrelated video, about 10 minutes long, of the Joint Strike Fighter. Reminds me of my time in the Air Force:


No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member