I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Teacup Scene

I had a birthday a few weeks back, and one of my presents consisted of two oversized mugs. This was part of a running joke we have in our family, which has to do with a scene from the 1995 BBC version of Persuasion. There is a scene, a breakfast scene, in the movie, where one of the main characters, Captain Frederick Wentworth, makes a comment to the main character, Anne Elliot:

"Quite lucky then you didn't bump into him"

...and then he takes a hit off of a HUGE cup. This cracks me up so much, that I would keep playing the scene over and over just to get a laugh out of it. Hence, when my birthday came up, I got some large mugs. They are great for making a bowl of tea and then leaning over it to try to clear the sinus pressure I have right now. I am on vacation for Holy Week, and making the most of it by being sick.

Catch the action for yourself, starting at 5:15:




For those of you on facebook, follow the link below to the scene at 5:15.

The Teacup Scene at 5:15.

3 comments:

MightyMom said...

okay, that's a cool mug. where'd it come from? I'm always looking for the biggest coffee mug possible for my hubby as he is a NOTORIOUS (retired Sailor) coffee drinker.

by the by....

go here... http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2010/01/03/hot-tea-month-blog-a-thon-week-one/

to learn about the tradition of drinking tea from a bowl! :-)

dadwithnoisykids said...

My. That's a lot of tea information.

Carolyn bought the monster mugs at the local Albertson's. I am guessing you must have Albertson's out in your part of Texas.

God bless and have a blessed Holy Week.

MightyMom said...

matter of fact, we do. we're NE of Dallas so not too far from civilization....

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member