I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day Meditation

Today, Veterans Day, I spent the day doing what I did while I served in the U.S. Air Force.
 
I spent the day administering anesthesia to children at the hospital where I work.  For four years, I showed up to work, took care of patients, did administrative work, and sat in on a few committee meetings. 
 
For four years, I never got shot at, never worked in a war zone.  I did have to get trained on small arms before deploying to El Salvador, but I never was issued any weapon. 
 
For all those who served in combat, I thank you for all of your sacrifices.  For those who died in service to our country, i shall remember you in my prayers today.
 
It did strike me that I participated in probably the only government program which resulted in an improvement in my earning potential.  I doubt that any other government program could help me realize my dream to be a doctor.


Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member