I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Friday, November 07, 2008

Buyer's Remorse Will Set In

This is not a political blog, but I have to mention that in just the few days since the elections there are some interesting things coming to light.

Note that the stock market has dropped quite a bit.

If you look on Obama's www.change.gov website, you can find such pricey new programs as this one under 'Homeland Security:'

"Barack Obama will establish a $2 billion Global Education Fund to work to eliminate the global education deficit and offer an alternative to extremist schools"

There goes my little 401-k.

There are lots of things that will be done, and many of them include a dollar amount.

Then there is this little bit of information:

"Barack Obama will pay for his $50 - $65 billion health care reform effort by rolling back the Bush tax cuts for Americans earning more than $250,000 per year and retaining the estate tax at its 2009 level."

Actually, Obama will not pay for this program; we shall, and I do mean all of us.

As I explained it to my children, our expenses consist of the basic necessities(food, shelter, clothing) and those things known as 'luxuries,' which would include things, such as Christmas gifts, birthday presents, new clothing, a newer and faster computer, a new car, a vacation, dining out, new beanie baby scorpions, etc.

If our new president is going to tax us more than we are already, the pool of money left over for necessities and luxuries will get smaller. We shall always provide for the necessities for our children, so the things that we go without will be the luxuries.

Please do not weep for the luxuries that my children will not receive; that is not my point!

My point is that with less money to spend on more luxuries, we will put less money into the economy. For example, we enjoy eating Mexican food, and we are blessed with a good local family-run Mexican restaurant. If we stop eating out, this restaurant will take a small hit on its income; if everyone around here stops eating there, this restaurant could go out of business.

This scenario is just an example of what would happen in an economy where more money goes to the government rather than to the people.

Then there are the unborn who will never see the light of day- and the majority of them are in the same ethnic group as our president-elect:

"Thirty-seven percent of abortions occur to black women, 34% to non-Hispanic white women, 22% to Hispanic women and 8% to women of other races."


For a lot of reasons, I think many who voted for Obama will one day be uttering the last line said by Sir Alec Guinness in the movie The Bridge on the River Kwai:




"What have I done?"

3 comments:

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

My greatest HOPE is that Obama will be all talk and no game. Here's hoping to a lame duck president!

Roman Sacristan said...

"If we stop eating out, this restaurant will take a small hit on its income"

That's not actually accurate. Given the size of your family, this restaurant will take a rather large hit to its income. You know I've seen the boys eat. LOL!

I agree, the government is supposed to protect its citizens, not spoon feed them and make them dependants of the government. That's the formula for a dictatorship.

Easter Almuena said...

Hi dadwithnoisykids, you got an award on my blog. Thank you for all your posts!

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member