I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

We bought the Noisykids some Sidewalk Chalk...

Somehow it ended up NOT on the sidewalk:

Noisykid #10 and #11 are proud of their new shade. By the way, Noisykid #11 asked me to untangle his scapular and his chain which has a St. Gerard medallion on it. I reminded him that I don't want him going to be with both sacramentals around his neck. He then launched into a long explanation that, if he were to die, he would 'shoot straight up to Heaven so fast.' He explained that this would be a good thing.

I told him that I don't think my heart would stand another breaking like that; Wifeofdadwithnoisykids agreed. Noisykid #11 then explained how he was dressing his soul like that of Pope Benedict XVI.

I wonder if Pope Benedict ever did this kind of stuff as a kid....probably.
Why is this warning on packets of silica gel? I would think that anyone who can read would have enough sense to NOT eat this stuff. It is the 'illiterati' we have to protect.
I was thinking about disciplining children one day, and mentioned to my wife that St. Joseph never had to take Jesus around back of the woodshed to administer corporal punishment. He didn't need correction for doing evil. Of course he needed to be shown how to do things, but that was all that he needed. He may have tried to eat silica gel as a baby, but once He could read the warning on the packet he never did it again. In fact, he probably had to translate it into Aramaic for the benefit of his parents who didn't speak English.

My thoughts are wandering. I am just a little rattled about some of the people we met when we drove along Skyline Drive in Virginia. These people were the only disturbing people we met on our travels. Here is a video of their antics in another forest:




Here is another, more serious installment:



We got Rickrolled twice in as many days. Find out what that means HERE! The eighties are mounting a comeback....I actually put that song on my iPod.

2 comments:

Easter Almuena said...

I love the pics of the boys. So very cute! :-)

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation to you, my eldest child, Vince (and my only boy) coloured his nose (and only his nose) purple with a permanent marker when he was about 4 or 5. He looked absolutely ridiculous for about a week or so. I'll never forget it. I was so mad at first and then I just lost it (out of his sight). Ah, boys will be boys. He's 18 now. Compared to some of the dangers he's exposed to in today's college world - purple noses seem rather quaint...

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member