I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Monday, June 09, 2008

Thank You



Today I came home to find Wifeofdadwithnoisykids crying her eyes out. At first I thought it was because she was so happy to see me, but then I noticed the cards and letters we received after Theodore's funeral lying all about her.

She had tried to start writing 'Thank You' cards, and she had gotten through a grand total of FOUR before losing it.

I have been hesitant to take up this task as well, partly because I don't know what to say, and partly because I know I'll end up in tears just like my beautiful bride.

The 'thank you' notes will be coming soon. I know that people don't write condolence letters and Mass cards just to get a return note, but it still needs to be done. For those who put something on the blog, I shall try to send y'all a note on your own blog.

Watch the Feto-Meter tomorrow, as Wifeofdadwithnoisykids has an OB appointment in the afternoon. If possible, there will be pictures!

Scorpion Stalking Duck, 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion: why don't you write up a "form" note and then get your eldest girl (or one of the kids who has very nice handwriting) to simply write them out and you both can sign them.
Personally, although I also write out thank-you notes, I never complain if I don't get one because usually the person has already said thank-you to me. That's enough for me.
I'm hoping family and friends would be considerate enough to understand your situation.
Blessings.

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member