I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tidying Up Some Loose Ends

Blogging has been totally off the burner with all the things going on in the Noisykid household.

First:

I give thanks to God for sparing my life last February 11. On that day, while at Mass, I turned to my wife and told her to take me to the hospital. I did not have a heart attack or a stroke, and by the Grace of God I have been allowed to keep on sinning for another year. Thank you for your prayers. If you want to know more about this phase of my life, start looking at my blog here. Read the posts that follow....

Second:

The newsletter is done. It is being distributed by snail mail and will be posted here later this week. Some names will be removed to protect the privacy of the Noisykids and friends.

Third:

What is the blessing I wrote about in my previous post?

The blessing of bringing 8 of our children to a funeral, driving 540 miles each way, goes beyond the graces which are received by attending Mass and praying for the dead. That would be enough, but in addition we met some of the other monks and exposed our children to the religious life. Regardless of what my children end up doing, they will have had multiple times to look at various religious orders to give them some idea of the religious life.

It is a blessing to have my children see good men and women happily living a religious vocation.

Fourth:

What some call the '123 Meme:'

1. Grab the closest book.
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Type in three sentences, starting with the fifth sentence.
4. Readers, see if you can guess what the book is.

Here goes:

At the Preface. "Behold your Mother." With these words, Jesus gives His Mother to be our mother. Thank your loving Savior for the glorious title of child of Mary, which gives you a claim to her motherly love and to all her goods and possessions.

Give up?
This is from Reflection On The Seven Last Words, by St. Peter Julian Eymard. This is found in the book Catholic Prayer Book with Meditations, by Father John A. Hardon, S.J. This meme came to me from Mile Hi Mama (scroll down to February 4th on her blog) who lives in South Carolina. Thanks Mile Hi Mama!!!

And last:

Goodnight for now. Here is a taste of Night Prayers, with a hat tip to a British doctor and returning blogger, Paulinus:




These are the end credits to the BBC series of John Le Carre's book Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member