I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Prayer


Prayer of a Soldier in France

by Alfred Joyce Kilmer (1918)


My shoulders ache beneath my pack
(Lie easier, Cross, upon His back).
I march with feet that burn and smart
(Tread, Holy Feet, upon my heart).

Men shout at me who may not speak
(They scourged Thy back and smote Thy cheek).

I may not lift a hand to clear
My eyes of salty drops that sear.

(Then shall my fickle soul forget
Thy Agony of Bloody Sweat?)

My rifle hand is stiff and numb
(From Thy pierced palm red rivers come).

Lord, Thou didst suffer more for me
Than all the hosts of land and sea.

So let me render back again
This millionth of Thy gift. Amen.






Please remember in your prayers those who died for our country.





Eternal rest grant them, Oh Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon them.


May the souls of the Faithful Departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in peace.

1 comment:

Kindred Spirit said...

This is so very beautiful that I linked it to my blog--I hope that you don't mind. May God bless you and Our Lady protect you.

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member