I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Thursday, May 28, 2009

It Smells Like A New Car Around Here.....


Yup. The Aardvark, which is looking at 190,000 miles, has been replaced by another fine product from Ford Motor Company. It will still be kept as a 'short hop' errand car for the youngsters. It was paid for a long time ago, and it still runs well. I just did not want it to suffer a major breakdown while making the 30+ mile trip each way to my work.

The new car, a Ford Escape Limited, satisfied our requirements for a Texas vehicle while also providing better gas mileage for commuting. The only thing I have to do now is finish the owner's manual. The instructions for the instrument panel, with all the interfaces for cell phone and iPod and other things, is a short novel in itself. I told my best beloved that we should go on a road trip so she can read the manual and figure it all out so she can tell me what to do.

By the way, we celebrated the birthday of Wifeofdadwithnoisykids on Tuesday! I cannot thank God enough for the blessing of my wife. I cannot thank her enough for marrying me and being such a wonderful wife and mother of my children.




We shall name the new car after it has been blessed.

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member