I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Friday, June 22, 2012

Meditation on a Roadkill Squirrel



I ran over a squirrel today

It took me totally by surprise
all I saw was a brief movement
in
the
corner
of my right eye

I think I saw the tail of
the squirrel as it ran headlong
into
the
street
and the path of my car

The sensation of the right tire
rolling over something was
the
next
thing
that I experienced.

I was still so taken aback by this
squirrel's behavior that I slowed down
and
peered
into
the rear view mirror

I wanted to see if there were any
little brown bodies on the road behind me
I
guess
the
squirrel was on drugs

SMD
6.22.2012

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member