I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Friday, June 12, 2009

Where is the Sacrifice?



Where is the sacrifice when the menu for tonight's dinner consists of:

Grilled salmon
Grilled Mahi-Mahi Tuna
Grilled yellow squash from our own garden
Homemade macaroni and cheese(for those who do not eat fish)
Fresh fruit

Don't get me wrong. I love meat, especially chicken and beef, and barbecue is one of those things which is done best in Texas. But grilled seafood is what made me realize that there is more to life than tuna fish and fish sticks. Recall that I am still observing a vow which I included in this posting.

For a picture of grilled Mahi-Mahi, look here.

Skyline Drive, Northern Virginia, September 2008.

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member