I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Night Announcement

The Noisykid Kitchen Management Team at last year's Christmas Party

Things have changed a bit at Scorpion Stalking Duck.


Noisykid Kitchen has completed the transfer of blog entries to Scorpion Stalking Duck, and Noisykid Kitchen has ceased to exist as an entity. Enjoy our menu! As the Swiss said, in 1972, En guete!


The management team from Noisykid Kitchen has been moving this last week to the new high-rise office building. They are promising a kinder, gentler blog from now on.


Duck Stalking Scorpion has been transferred to another blog server - one which can be read on the hospital computers(for now). If that fails, I may have to start my own website. Duck Stalking Scorpion has ceased to exist as an entity. The DSS Project(from Duck Stalking Scorpion) will not have any kind of commentary on it.


This last week I have been on vacation, and I got a lot of stuff done around the house. Doctor visits, glasses repaired, gate repair, gardening, constructing a swingset, pumping the septic tank were just a few of the things I did - it has been a rewarding week! If this Lent is showing me anything, it is that I really could be busy enough with my wife and children to never blog again. On the other hand, I think that my writing is a good exercise for strectching my brain, and that is good for those of us on the 'B' side of life.


Somewhere I must strike a balance. I have to say that my #1 fan - not of my blog, but of me - loves it when I write thoughtful essays, poems that don't rhyme with Nantucket, and blogs that are not centered on stuffed animals.


I think if I were to blog less, but blog better, I could satisfy both my obligations and my enjoyment in writing about whatever I want to write about.


This is the third or fourth time I have said this, and each time I seem to let loose with a torrent of blogs shortly after making this 'quality, not quantity' speech.


Now, I still have boots to polish, a desk to clean, taxes to send the accountant, night prayers, treadmill walking, concrete to mix, a garage to clean, three tractors to repair, and more vegetables to plant.

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member