I invite you to sign The Manhattan Declaration

The Manhattan Declaration

Theodore's Memorial Video

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Parenting Tips From My Son

Happy Feast of St. Louis-Marie de Monfort! One of my favorite saints and author of many books on the Blessed Mother.





A picture of the Still-At-Home Donahue Children:



And now some advice from Max, my eight year old son:

"May Almighty God bless you, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Good night, Princess." With these words, I said good night to Zelie, my youngest daughter, making the sign of the Cross on her forehead.

As she walked to her room, my eight year old son emerged from my room, shaking his head, "Oh no, Dad, you are spoiling your children."

"How is that, son," I asked.

"You are supposed to make them work more, and instead you don't, Dad. That is how come your children are spoiled."

"What should I do to make my children less spoiled, son? How could I start with you to make you and the rest of the children less spoiled? Tell me, Max."

"Oh no, Dad. Don't start with me. Start with Zelie."



Note that the instruction manual for our chainsaw recommends that it be 'For Occasional Use Only.' No need to overdo it, folks.

No comments:

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation
Now restored with the help of some cement!

Prayer to Our Lady of the Mysterious Decapitation

Mary my mother, take my hand today, and all days.
Lead me away from all occasions of sin.
Guide me in fulfilling your last words in the Gospel,
"Do whatever He tells you."
Amen.

I am An Amateur Catholic Blogger!

Amateur Catholic B-Team Member